Use of the Facility
- It is the responsibility of the hirer to ensure that all persons accessing the Centre of Excellence (‘The Centre’) are made aware of, and understand, The Centre’s conditions of use.
- The hirer is to ensure that nothing is permitted which is disorderly or unlawful in connection with the use of ‘The Centre’.
- The hirer shall, while on premises, abide by the directives of the relevant ‘Management’ and ‘Landlord’ personnel.
- ‘The Centre’ is hosted on the premises of Glenview Homes Access to ‘The Centre’ must be as per the details provided in this document. Other facilities at Glenview are in no way related to ‘The Centre’ and as such unauthorised/non-purposed access to Glenview facilities is not permitted.
- The hirer is responsible for the behaviour of those in attendance during the hire period.
- ‘The Centre’ reserves the right to ban and/or have any persons removed from the premises where the person/group has, or is likely to cause injury/damage to other persons or property.
Breech of Agreement
- The ‘Management’ reserves the right at its sole discretion not to approve any application or to cancel the agreement at any time for any breach of policy or procedure.
- Failure to comply with the conditions of use will be regarded as a breach of agreement and will give the ‘The Management’ the right to recover any amount due and/or to cancel all or any such future bookings.
Care of Premises
- ‘The Centre’ premises and facilities must be left in the condition aligned to the ‘Venue Hire Agreement’ by the hirer prior to vacating the premises.
- All hired areas should be left as they are found.
- Any equipment used is to be returned to its correct storage area, unless otherwise advised.
- All rubbish is to be collected and placed in the appropriate bins. The key provided has access to the rubbish area next to the ramp gate. Please place rubbish in one of the bins already in use.
Damage and Repairs
- The hirer is responsible to pay the costs of repair, replacement or extra cleaning as a result of damages to the facility and/or equipment hired. This includes furniture, carpet, fittings or fixtures, equipment or other items belonging to “The Centre’ or ‘Landlord’.
- The ‘Management’ reserves the right to determine the cost of any damages and/or extra cleaning necessary above and outside that which is normally expected following usage of ‘The Centre’.
- In the unlikely event of an emergency an alarm will sound. Follow the exit signs to the fire exit in Room 1 then proceed to the car park area via the ramp way. Glenview Staff are trained to respond to fire alarms and other emergencies and may issue you instructions. These instructions must be followed.
‘The Centre’ is fully covered by smoke detectors and has fire extinguishers, fire hose reels & sprinklers as fire suppression systems.
It is the responsibility of the hirer to ensure that all persons using ‘The Centre’ are aware of the emergency evacuation procedures.
- Neither ‘The Management’ nor ‘Landlord’ bears any responsibility for the use of the internet by the hirer.
- Our policy strictly forbids the access, transmission, retrieval, storage and/or display of: Sexually explicit material, hate speech or offensive material, material regarding illicit drugs or violence, material regarding criminal skills and/or illegal activities and material of a defamatory, discriminatory or harassing nature; if that material does not form part of a legitimate educational inquiry and specific to the audience.
- Violation of this policy will result in the removal of all internet access.
Accessing the Internet via WIFI for training purposes – log in details and password will be provided when booking is confirmed.
- A confirmation email on receipt of Agreement will be sent confirming the process for key collection and return.
- If a key should be misplaced or lost it is the responsibility of the hirer to notify ˜The Centre Coordinator’ immediately. The hirer will be responsible for the cost of a replacement key.
- ‘The Centre’ is located in the grounds of Glenview. Glenview is the home to a large number of people and as such it is requested that whilst in, and moving to and from, ‘The Centre’ this be respected and the level of noise kept down.
Observance of Room Hire Period
- Observation of the allocated booking times is important to avoid clashes between the various hirers who use ‘The Centre’.
- ‘The Centre’ premises must be vacated on or before the agreed time.
- There are limited parking spaces within the grounds of Glenview, opposite the entrance gate to the Centre of Excellence. Parking is also available in the street and at the rear of the Golden Years Club (entry from Main Road Glenorchy).
- Neither ‘The Centre’ or the ‘Landlord’ accepts liability for loss or damage to equipment, products, materials or any other items brought into ‘The Centre’ or the grounds of Glenview.
- The hirer is not permitted to remove or relocate any property or items in ‘The Centre’ not belonging to the hirer without prior permission from the Centre Coordinator.
- Where the hirer has chosen the room rate without the set up and tidy fee they are responsible for the setting up and tidying of the room hired. The room must be tidy upon completion of the hire period, to a level that allows other hirers to enter and use the facility immediately. This included all crockery and cutlery rinsed, placed in the dishwasher and turned on following the instructions located in the kitchen. Failure to tidy the room may incur a $30.00 penalty.
- Where the hirer has chosen the room rate including the set up and tidy fee, ‘The Centre’ is responsible for the set up and tidying of the room and kitchen. This process will be facilitated and managed by the Centre Coordinator.
- The Centre has available an interactive white board / LCD display computer housed in Room 1 and available for use if requested by the hirer.
- The User is able to use the board to connect to the internet, play videos, use Microsoft software products such as PowerPoint, Word Excel etc. Also the Smart White Board function allows the User to write/ draw on the screen with the provided pen (designed for the purpose) and save the document to a USB.
- ‘The Centre’ has a non-smoking policy. Smoking is not permitted on the premises or within the boundaries of the Glenview.
- Due to limited space storage facilities are not available.
- There is a wheel chair accessible toilet within ‘The Centre’. Additional toilets that can be used are located directly to the right as you enter through the main entrance of the Glenview Building.
Work Health and Safety
- The hirer is responsible for the adherence to general work health & safety standards.
- All hirers must have a designated person who is familiar with evacuation procedures for The Centre’.